Friday, September 7, 2012

Anticipation!

I'm doing a little happy dance over here.  Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!  Ok, not really.  Because I don't dance.  I'm not necessarily fond of making myself look like a dork on purpose.  Unless, I'm dancing next to my husband and then I look like total awesomeness in comparison.  But, I digress...

My internal happy dance is due to the next best thing to actually going on vacation, and that is booking the vacation!  Oh, the anticipation.  You see, I do plenty of vacation planning over here, but most of it gets shut down by the hubs.  (If I was in charge of our finances, I'd probably shut most of it down too.)  So, when one of my trips actually hits the calendar, I am one happy girl.  I can start making an itinerary of all the things we are going to do and see and the places we'll stay.  And I just might even have to go shopping for a few new clothes.

This time I'm leaving the hubby and the kids behind and getting outa town with my mom.  She's been trying to plan a trip with me around the world for a few years now.  But, I'm a mom with two small children and a husband that travels and rarely has full-blown time off (there's always paperwork, emails, phone calls, projects, etc, etc), so this around-the-globe escapade she's dreaming of just hasn't fit in my schedule yet.  (I totally appreciate her efforts though.  I know she just wants to take me on an unforgettable trip before she gets too old to remember anything.)  So, for awhile now I've been trying to convince her that we don't need to fly internationally, or even domestically for that matter, to take a great trip that we will both love.  So next month we're going to hop in the car for a easy 4 hour drive to stay a little closer to home and just take 3 days of rest and relaxation.

This is me and my next travelin' buddy.
(She promises I'm not adopted...we just don't look anything alike.)

I'm not gonna tell ya where we're heading just yet. We'll save that for later.  But I can tell you that we are staying in TX and this is no run-of-the-mill hotel.  We are getting adventurous!  And when I booked our first two nights stay (the 3rd night will be run-of-the-mill) the lady warned me, "Just in case you didn't know, it gets loud at night."  (And that's a good thing.)

Any guess as to what type of place or where we will be staying?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out where you guys are going!! How fun!! Your mom looks wonderful--you two are quite the cute travelling pair. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! She does look pretty darn good for 60+ (that's how she describes her age). :-) She's a great traveling partner...so much energy and always up for anything!

      Delete
  2. Okay, to be more honest about my age... I am more like 65+++! So, I guess that adds up to being very close to having another decade birthday, and that means a PARTY or a very long awaited FAMILY REUNION, and that makes me VERY HAPPY about getting older!

    The aging process really doesn't bother me until I observe what appears in my 10X makeup mirror! Where did this extra skin come from?

    JoAnna, I'll never forget the day you came home from school and announced with surprise and shock that you had figured out (with help from your friends) that I was the oldest mother of all! Wow, what a wonderful honor!

    Getting older just means I get to spend more time with you and your beautiful family. Life is so enjoyable when someone like you continues, from the day you were born, to be my Maker of Happiness. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete