Tuesday, May 14, 2013

SEAGROVE, FLORIDA




I've never really considered myself to be a "beach lover".  I'm more of a "hike along a river in the mountains" kinda girl.  And road-tripping over more than 5 hours really isn't my cup of tea.  But once arriving in the beach front town of Seagrove, Florida, I realized it was well worth the 10 hours of back-aching travel in the car AND I decided I just might be a fan of the beach after all.  Besides, just after a few minutes of relaxing on the white sands of Santa Rosa beach while watching my children giddily jump wave after wave after wave, I somehow didn't care that the wind was whipping my hair in my face or that a little sand had creeped its way into my swimsuit.  My toes were dug into the powdery soft sand, my skin was soaking up some vitamin D, and any stress I had brought along was all drifting out to sea.  

Oh Florida...I think I might be in love with you.

Maybe it was the time of year we traveled (late April after all the spring-breakers had left to sober up at home and the weather wasn't too hot yet).  Or maybe it was our beautiful accommodations (I'll write a separate post all about it).  Whatever it was, I know I want to go back.  And here's why...

SISTERLY LOVE - they had so much fun there was no time to bicker or fight (at least while we were on the beach). 





SAND CASTLE BUILDING


Even Grandma couldn't help herself from joining in on the fun.


WAVE JUMPING





WILDLIFE FINDING

My step-neices with my two kiddos.

Grandma gettin' crabby.



FAMILY BONDING

Me and my little beach bums

My munchkins with my mom and stepdad

 
Me and my mom just before the storm rolled in 


And, I can't end this post without a little shout out to these two...

my step-uncle and his lovely bride

They are the reason we made this fun little trip to Florida as it was their 50th wedding anniversary.  Congratulations Uncle Raul & Aunt Judy!! 

(If only I had pictures of them re-enacting their very first dance together.  Or of Aunt Judy as she led our conga-line around the beach house...priceless.)



So which do you prefer...smelling the salty ocean breeze or fresh mountain air?  And what is your favorite beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment