Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Now THIS is how to travel.



HOT DANG! This is one sweet ride!

Challenger 300

I don't know how we got so blessed, but we'll just chalk this one up to having one awesome God who blessed my husband with the job of flying this bad boy.  

And it's not everyday that a corporate pilot gets to take his family to work with him.  But my husband's boss and his wife just happen to be some of the most likable, most generous, and genuinely nicest people around.  So when they decided they wanted Chris to fly them to their ranch for Thanksgiving and then have him stay through the holiday (he normally gets to come home for the holidays when they're out of town), they also invited our family.  And I'm not just talking about myself and our kids, but they invited any family members who we planned on spending the day with on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, not the whole family was able to come along, but we were able to take my dad and my in-laws. 

My dad and my youngest excited for take-off.


And then she looked out the window and got a little nervous 
as the ground got further and further away.

I wish I could give you all the specs on this airplane, but I'm just a girl so all I can tell you is that it climbs high, flies fast, and travels far.  What took my in-laws 5 hours to drive from our house to the boss's ranch, took us only 38 minutes in the jet.  Not a bad way to travel if you ask me.

What I can tell you about this plane is that there are 8 large captains chairs, but it actually seats 9 people.  You see, there is an extra seat on the potty.  I know it sounds silly, but I'm totally serious.  You just close the lid on the potty and there you have a comfy, cushioned seat with a seat belt and all (and there's a little convenience built in...if you know what I'm sayin'.)

Here's a shot of the nice cushy seats.

Normally, the plane isn't filled to capacity and the potty seat isn't used, but on our flight home we picked up an extra passenger and every seat was needed.  My dad and I "ro sham bo'ed" over who would sit on the pot on the way home and he lost.  But, when the boss and his wife arrived, the craziest thing happened.  The boss's wife INSISTED on sitting on the potty no matter how much my dad argued. 

See her back there? She's just chillin' on the potty with her Kindle Fire. 

I don't know, maybe it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but to me, it spoke volumes of her character and sense of humility.  We're talking about a mega-millionaire, who owns her own jet, and was kind enough to allow us middle-class folk to bum a ride, and she insists on sitting on the potty seat.  You just don't find people like this everyday.

Thankfully, she didn't have to stay there the whole ride 'cause my 3 year ended up sitting in my lap most of the time and vacated a seat.  So, she came up and joined us.  It's pretty obvious from the picture below that my girls just love her.

She's a beautiful woman - inside and out!



No comments:

Post a Comment