Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ready to go with a Haircut and a Playlist

Isn't there some unwritten rule that you have to get a haircut before going on vacation?  I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it's always on my list of things to do.  I've been holding out for nearly 3 weeks on cutting my hair 'cause I wanted a fresh cut right before the trip.  Sorry to all my family and friends that have had to look at my overgrown poofy mess, but I was saving the cut for all the strangers that I will meet and never see again on this trip.  And since my mom and I are heading out in the morning for our little roadtrip, I knew it was time to tame my mane.

Now I won't be mistanken for one of the wild beasts that we'll be viewing at the Fossil Rim Safari Camp.

Also in preparation for our get-away, I made a playlist to keep us singing the hours away.  I was looking for something different from what I normally listen to and since we are embarking on a Texas roadtrip I thought the perfect playlist would consist of a good ole Country compilation.  I used to listen to country music as a teenager, but I'm pretty much a Contempary Christian gal all the time now.  So I'm definitely not hip to all the top charts and I needed a little help.  Google didn't fail me when I searched for "country driving songs" and after sampling tons of songs, here's what I came up with...

Also on that list is "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland and "We Shall Be Free" by Garth Brooks.

And here's the other song that didn't make the picture that I can't stop listening to...


I know, it's a short list, but I'm gonna spare my mom my off-key singing for the whole trip.  The best news for her is that I've been suffering from some serious allergies and have lost all ability to reach high notes.  So just when I try to belt out that last note of  "boot scootin' boog-EE" my voice just cuts out.  And we'll just call that my gift to ANYONE within ear shot.

Now it's time to pack my bags and check-out mentally for the rest of the day 'cause I'm so ready to Get Outa Town!

1 comment:

  1. can't believe you didn't include "Free and easy down the road I go"

    Ed

    ReplyDelete